Sunday, June 7, 2015

Psalm 19 - My Mouth


Psalms 19:14 NLT

May the words of my mouth 
and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, 
O lord , my rock and my redeemer.

I've heard several preachers use these words from Psalm 19 before they deliver a sermon. The request comes in the midst of a psalm that celebrates God as creator and God as the giver of the perfect law. The skies, indeed the whole earth celebrate God and reveal knowledge of the creator. Think of the awe that you feel standing on a mountain top, or staring at the ocean, or on the rim of a great canyon. That is creation revealing its creator.

But when you read the Word of God, do you also sense a feeling of awe? The psalmist celebrates God's law as perfect, pure, and powerful. The law of God is able to guide its reader into a life of blessing. For when we obey God our lives are open to receive His blessings.

Allow God not only to rule your heart, but to rule your mouth, and your entire body. Trust His word, follow it, and you will know blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment