Thursday, June 18, 2015

Psalm 30 - Suffering Passes

Psalm 30:1-2, 8, 11-12 NIV

I will exalt you, Lord, for you lifted me out of the depths
 and did not let my enemies gloat over me. 
Lord my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me. 
To you, Lord, I called; to the Lord I cried for mercy: 
You turned my wailing into dancing; 
you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, 
that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent. 
Lord my God, I will praise you forever.

Little to say today other than to say "God is Good all the time."

One thing the psalmist deals with in Psalm 30 is times when God seems to show favor and times when God does not. When life is going good we feel like God is smiling on us and blessing us. When life is not going well but rather painful, we feel like God has turned his face away from us.

When we feel like God has turned his face away from us, we sometimes wonder what we may have done to deserve it.

Be encouraged by this verse that David shares in Psalm 30.

Psalm 30:5 NIV

For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.

Sometimes suffering comes our way because God has a divine purpose, but most of the time suffering comes our way because this world is broken and God is working to heal it. In any case it's good to know this too shall pass. God is good all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment